Monday 4 June 2012

Is it a big day??

Day #2 at Le Cordon Bleu, Hmm...




Well, after we spent a day in Le Cordon Bleu for our orientation days, which is on thursday, they (Le Cordon Bleu's) gave us one day free in saturday for people who study in "basic cuisine". My schedule pretty much well, because I have a class just 3 days in a week (don't be jealous) and my class always starts at 09:00am in the morning and beginning with theory class then demo class which is we just see the chef's demo what we make or cook for today recipes, and the last not least is practical class were all of student need to copy and follow recipes of that day. Oops nearly forget, except : in wednesday I have no theory class so I can get up more late, yay!!). Everyone happy - happy? I don't want to talk too much about my theory class because it was pretty good and I'm enjoyed it, but sometimes lil' bit sleepy in the morning classes so I don't even can remember what I do and what I did last and next theory classes.



As on the title, which is I want to talk what I learnt in my 2nd day at Le Cordon Bleu also my 1st day in the kitchen #Lesson1. Tadda!! We learnt about "Precision Vegetable cuts". What the hell is that?? What we gonna learn today?? What what?? Don't be panicking guys. We were learning about type of vegetables cut which is very common in the kitchen and they have different called or cookery method by looks like such as Brunoise means cut very fine dice, Julienne means cut very thinly, and etc. As you can see in the picture :




Fist day in demo class, I feel so excited, however my excited was gone when I realized that who comes faster, he/she can sit in front of the chefs benches which is very near so you can listen and understand the subject easily. That was what I think, on the other hand, not all student who sit near from the chefs benches have a good enough skills in the kitchen's practical. All depends on who are you and what you learnt. Motivation is important.

Here we are learnt and watched the chef of the day thought us about many version to cutting vegetables. After that, all students got plenty of time to practices in the real kitchen.











thxx for hearing my stories guys :--)


No comments:

Post a Comment